Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Apple Pie Follow-up

Just a quick word about the apple pie.  The house I'm staying at now consists of 5 people, me, my sister, my brother-in-law, and my two nieces home from college.  THE PIE DID NOT MAKE IT 24 HOURS!  Gone, gone, gone!  Guess I have to make another one soon.  Or two.  And maybe a pumpkin too.

I managed to save a slice for Lorin, because if he liked it (which he did), then hopefully in the future he would reach for a slice of healthy and delicious pie for dessert instead of a fruit roll up type of thingy, that contains no fruit (like the bacon bits that contain no bacon).  Tonight was a red letter day for me as far as cooking for Lorin goes.  Knowing he loves bell peppers, I made my chicken cacciatore for him, loaded with bell peppers (you know the drill by now, you lazy bastards, look up the recipe in the archives).  It came out great.  My sister bought the same knock-off Spirooli I had (see the Spaghetti Bolognese blog for details), and I served it over zucchini fauxghetti (I love that term, thanks again Stacie).  Everyone ate both the pasta, and chicken cacciatore, and had seconds of each, even my picky nieces and bro-in-law.  Let's give Lorin a break, he wanted to reach for the salt, but he gave it a try as it, and it began to grow on him.  I have renewed hope for him as a future caveman!

Sorry, again, no pictures, you've seen me cook this meal before, and it's hard to make everyone wait for dinner, while I play food photographer.  But it makes me feel good that they'll be eating zucchini in this house from now on, instead of wheat pasta.  Sherilyn thought she was gonna have to make real pasta for Lorin and the girls but they all bought into it!  All Katie had to hear was pasta that didn't make you gain weight, and she signed right up!

I've been alternating paleo meals with my regular NY food hangouts, and that's kept me from feeling too gross.  Tonight was a caveman meal, and Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow!  Happy Turkey Day everyone!  Ugga-Bugga!

No comments:

Post a Comment