Saturday, December 18, 2010

Paleo Parmesan Almonds!

New delicious snack, and a great technique to jazz up ordinary food and keep it interesting:
Frying pan
Olive Oil
Raw Almonds
Fresh Oregano
Fresh Thyme
Black Pepper
Paleo Parmesan "Cheese" (you don't need a link for the recipe, I just posted it this morning, you lazy bastards!)
All ingredients, all organic, all the time (except the frying pan).
Heat up the oil, add almonds and herbs (doesn't have to be oregano, thyme, etc, any combo will do).  When the raw almonds get toasty, and the fresh herbs start to crackle with crispness, transfer to a bowl.  Sprinkle with Paleo Parmesan, and serve!

Funny, with paleo eating, you rarely overeat.  I wanted to snack on a handful of almonds, but wanted to jazz them up from their boring self.  So I threw a handful into the skillet, and it looked empty, so I threw in another handful.  It was delicious, but after only about a half a handful, I was full, and stopped eating.  I used to have "eyes bigger than my stomach," and even though I'd be full sometimes, I'd still eat everything on my plate (like my grandma drilled into me oh so many years ago).  I've never been so in tune with my body since starting the caveman diet, and leftover snacks just means I don't have to cook one tomorrow, I can just reach for them, like a "normal" person would a bag of chips.  It's a win-win situation!

No comments:

Post a Comment